Sunday 5 November 2017

Recalling 22 September:



Buea Mayor accuses SW elites for ‘terrorist’ attack on his home
-Says SW elites are a band of inhumane, self-seeking ingrates who cannot be counted on
By Boris Esono in Buea
Mayor Patrick Ekema
The Mayor of Buea has said that he now knows the people who hatched the plot for his home and property to be attacked on 22 September 2017.  Patrick Esunge Ekema says he will name and shame these evildoers when the time is right.
            “What happened at my house on 22 September 2017 was commandeered by some SW elites and I know all of them,” Ekema said, noting that “they include two elites from Fako and one from Manyu. I know them but I will not call their names now because investigations are still going on”. 
            Mayor Patrick Ekema made the revelation in his unscripted preliminary remarks during an extraordinary session of the Buea council convened to validate the Land Use Plan for Buea Municipality and the Sectorial Plan for Molyko.
            According to the fire-eating Buea Mayor, the population of SW cannot count on those who pass for elites of the region because “they are people who serve only their own interests and never the interest of their people.”
            “Once these people get to positions of power they immediately forget the people on whose behalf they were raised and they start pursuing only their selfish interests,” Ekema opined, concluding that he cannot consider the so called SW elite as his brothers because they constitute a bunch of ingrates who have no respect for the human person.
            In a rather emotional tone, the Mayor narrated the gruesome incident that occurred in his Molyko mansion on 22 September and how it has affected his family both psychologically and emotionally.
             “I was at home with one of my councilors and a friend when the demonstrators were mobilizing. I later left for the office with the councilor but before I could reach there, my wife called me saying I should hurry and come back because they are dying in the house. When I reached there my property had been destroyed,” he recounted.

            Noting that not even one of the so called elite of Fako or the SW region has ever called him to express their sympathy, Mayor Ekema used the occasion to thank the delegation of Mayors of Douala led by the Government Delegate of Douala, Dr. Fritz Ntone Ntone, and the Mayors, MPs, Senators and Chiefs from the South Region, who drove to Buea in separate occasions to comfort him and show solidarity with him during the very trying moments.
            “Barely few days after the incident on September 22, SW elites held a meeting in Buea but to my greatest dismay and surprise, no mention was made about my situation. I inteprete to mean if ever there is a vacancy somewhere, none of these people will even think of me. So I now know I am standing alone; I have no brother in the committee of SW elite,” Mayor Ekema regretted.
            In spite of the lack of solidarity from his SW brothers, a committee put in place at the Buea council to review the events of 22 September and the damage caused, condemned the acts of vandalism orchestrated in the town and on the mayor’s private property. It went ahead and recommended that the sum of FCFA 10 million be paid the mayor to enable him to cover the cost of repairs. 
            It should be recalled that when otherwise peaceful demonstrations on 22 September 2017 later turned violent in Buea, some irate vandals forced their way into the Molyko mansion of the Buea Mayor, shattering just any breakable thing in sight. Several of the mayor’s luxury cars were vandalized, apart from the glass windows, doors, balconies and other parts of his residence.



No comments:

Post a Comment