Monday 26 October 2020

Hon. Tabot Lawson Condemns Shooting To Death Of Students Of Mother Francisca Bilingual Academy, Bamilike Street, Fiango K’ba, On Saturday 24-10-2020

I just received the shocking news of a terrorist attack this morning, Saturday, 24 October 2020 on students of Mother Francisca BILINGUAL ACADEMY, Bamilike Street, Fiango, Kumba II subdivision.
    

MP for K'ba Urban, Hon. Tabot Lawson Bakia aka Njalla


Arriving the scene, I came face to face with a gory sight: four corpses of young Cameroonians, some with completely shattered skulls. As I rushed to the Kumba District hospital to abreast myself of the situation there, I was, once more, painfully greeted by another corpse as the hospital emergency unit put on a fierce fight with the nine other critical cases.
    The dastardly attack has, at the time I was leaving the hospital, claimed the lives of at least 6 of the students. What is their crime? What were they guilty of to be sent to their early graves? When did the zeal to be educated become a crime that should warrant such barbaric, summary execution? When did going to school become a crime?
    It's against the backdrop of this gruesome murder of our children by terrorists, who pass for protectors, that I avail myself of the opportunity to condemn, in very strong and vehement terms, the bloody attack on innocent children in class while exercising their inalienable right to education.
    I call on the peace-loving population of the city of Kumba to remain calm and vigilant. I equally entreat my people of Kumba to collaborate with the defense and security forces by reporting suspected terrorists, (Separatists) persons within their vicinities to the defense forces, the SDO, DOs of Kumba I, II and III, myself and the City Mayor, as well as the Mayors of the three sub-divisional councils.
    Kumba denizens must henceforth denounce and expose these terrorists who claim to protect them yet slaughter them, including innocent school children on a daily basis.
    I urge parents to discard the fear these rascals want to instill in them, through this diabolic act. They should continue to send their children to school. The military is very alert to protect the schooling population.
    With an effective school resumption in the Metropolitan town of Kumba, made possible by the serene atmosphere that was reigning, more than 10.000 children of both the Basic and Secondary sections had taken to the classrooms for lessons. Their joy to regain learning rooms is huge.
    We would therefore not allow some drug addicts to ruin our children's future again. That's why we must all stand up as one man and denounce them and their dangerous activities intended to jeopardize the peace our town has enjoyed these few days.
     It should now be incumbent on us all to rise up and fight these outlaws who are cementing trouble in our towns and by extension, our Region. We must not allow these hoodlums to sabotage our school year any longer. Enough is enough!
    Permit me use this platform to call on the international community to bring to book those Cameroonians sponsoring terrorist  activities  back home in Cameroon,  while taking refuge in foreign countries. Their scare schemes shouldn't deter anyone, not at all.
    Trust in the government of President Paul Biya for your security, and that of your family and property.
    Again, I wish to salute the courage and determination of our defense and security forces and the administration for their steadfastness. I promise them my total collaboration.
    Before I end, accept my profound and sincere sympathy to those who lost their children in the macabre act, and a speedy recovery to the wounded.
    The city mayor, the Mayors of Kumba I, 2 and 3 sub-divisional councils and my humble self, have pledged to foot the bills of those injured during the attack and to give financial assistance to families that lost their children in the attack. The token will enable them to give the fallen children a befitting burial.
    May the Souls of The Little Angels Rest In The Bosom of the Lord.
    May The Judgement of God Fall On The Perpetuators of This Gruesome Act.

Hon, Tabot Lawson Bakia,
Member of Parliament,
Kumba Urban Constituency



No comments:

Post a Comment