Monday 20 July 2015

Richard Kings announces new album


Richard kings
Who is Richard kings?

Richard Kings is a multifaceted Cameroonian-born contemporary artiste with a deep-rooted cultural awareness churning it for international visibility.

What got you into music?


In fact music chose me. I inherited the voice from my mother's line and the passion that burns inside wakes me up each day with a song in my mind. Doing what I love and being loved for doing it I wouldn’t ask for anything less.

Where do you draw your inspiration?


My inspiration is drawn from everyday reality like life, nature, charity, humility, love, sacrifice, children, misery, God, human nature.etc etc

What age groups do your music target?


I target every age group with specific conversational high points through infotainment and edutainment for the abstract subjects like spirituality and astral concepts. I try to demystify them by engaging conversations (andragogy) such that everyone feels fulfilled after each song I write and sing. At least that's my objective. Whether I succeed is another issue.

What has been the highpoint of your career so far?


I've got several highpoints so far ranging from the day my father finally accepted me as a musician through my performing at the General Assembly of the United Nations to performing at the NAACP 2014 convention in Las Vegas USA. There are a handful of other high points that cannot list here.

You have not released an album for quite a while. What is happening?

I have been working much more on life performances and doing duos and singles lately than coming up with an entire album. This is because the chemistry of world music says when investment meets talent business is done. So I had to learn the art of doing music business then produce a CD which I am finalizing in Germany now. So soon enough you will hear from Richard Kings with an entire album of 14 songs; a gift from my soul as always.


You recently performed in Milan and Stuttgart, how did the people there welcome your music?


Italians are so warm. Milan marked me for one reason: The language of music is universal. Stuttgart is even warmer because the interest with which Germans have approached my music from both the common history that we once shared and the lyrical conversation between Lamnso and German is amazingly opening new grounds for socio cultural interaction between the two peoples.

Have you won any awards so far?

Yes I have the award for best contemporary world music performer 2014 from the Seattle Town Hall and the award for the best folk song singer from grass field records based in Holland.

Rumour has it that you are a love player, is that true?

I am certainly not a player even though I love passionately.

How do you handle female attention?

Female attention to me directly reflects the look on my mother's face when I sang a special number in our local Baptist church about 15 years ago. She was moved until tears ran down her cheeks. Then I started crying too. I take female attention very judiciously and generously; they make you feel like you have thousands of sisters and mothers who form part of your fans.

As someone in the industry, is it true that Cameroonians don’t support Cameroonian artistes?
That’s not true; they do support. We just need to help them see how more efficient their support can be orientated towards our collective effort.

How do you compete in the market with other bigger artistes?

In fact if competition there was then no one world sing when late Michael Jackson sang I think what it is; we all in our modest ways bring little building blocks to add unto Gods amazing Skeleton. Every one becomes useful in my music sacred ground.

What do you do to promote growth in the Nso community?


I participate in a lot of socio-cultural initiatives like fund-raisers, charity initiatives from various groups and workshops aimed at identifying and promoting the cultural platform. During the cultural week in Nso talents in art as a whole: painting, dancing, singing, song writing, carving etc. I through the Maple Valley Rotary Club in Seattle Washington State help to provide scholarships and primary health facilities to our two referential hospitals Shisong and BBH Kumbo.

Most African parents don’t like music as a career for their kids. How do your parents perceive your singing career?

Now my parents are my number one fans. I must confess that it took my Dad a while to come to terms with my choice of becoming an artiste. But Mom has always been there for me. You know they say 'Failure is an orphan but success has many Parents.

Is there a Mrs Kings yet?


No Mrs Kings yet. I just pray she gets here soon. I am getting too comfortable with myself and me alone.

What is your advice to anyone out there who wants to be a professional singer?


The advice is simple: When you do it give it your all and remember we are just Chanel's through which energy and life flows through. There is a bigger collective energy from which we are fed; that is GOD.

Tell us something juicy about yourself.

I am the most attentive, sensitive, loving and caring man any woman would want for a husband. Just be ready to see me cry from time to time you'll get to understand why in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment