Monday 10 November 2014

What if i emerge African Player 2014?

Stephane Mbia
Stephane Mbia, Indomitable lions’ skipper

At 28 the captain of the Indomitable Lions is having a field day with his professional club side, FC Seville of Spain. In this thrilling interview he explains his exploits especially his new goal-scoring abilities.

Cameroon has taken a giant stride towards qualifying for the 2015 AFCON. How do you feel about this?


That’s true, but all is not yet won. The road to Morocco 2015 is still long and complicated. Even though, what we are experiencing is quite positive, especially giving that the team is under reconstruction, after the failed Brazil World Cup.


What is the atmosphere like within the team, after the catastrophic World Cup?


We have turned a new leaf; we are now concentrating on the future. The coach insists on hard work and discipline. Every one of us respects the coach’s instructions.

How do you live your promotion as captain?

Honestly, I was not waiting for it; I was not thinking of anything of the sort. I however, have a lot a respect for the captain’s band and my country. It comes with a lot of responsibility. But I try to remain the same person that I have always been. I am honored by the confidence bestowed or me.

Your game appears to have moved a step ahead since you joined FC Seville?


Yes, I have realized that too. I have discovered some potentials and capabilities that were hidden in me. Now, I am only trying to harness them. You know I am also getting more mature and experienced. It is important for us footballers.

You seem to be having the best period of your career?

Hmmm… I cannot really tell. It is true things are working well for me at this time, but we should not forget that whilst in Marseille I won six titles in three years. But on another count, I think I feel better here especially because I score more goals for my team. But in football what matters in football are the trophies that you win as a team. I hope to have another good season with FC Seville, and that we obtain the best results possible.

But you won a European trophy already, whilst in Spain?

That’s true, and I am very happy. We worked very hard and did a good job. We also have a trainer with a good mentality and a wonderful capacity to motivate his players. All these worked to the advantage of the club.

With this great performance, added to your Europa League trophy and your captaincy of the Indomitable Lions are you thinking of winning the “African player Award for 2014?”


At the moment, no! Even though, some people are already linking me to it. I prefer to concentrate on my work and whatever that comes after will be considered as bonus. However, it does real honor and brings real joy when someone is compensated for hard work.

During the transfer window you were linked with moves to several clubs in Europe. Why did you decide to stay at Seville?

My priority has always been my family. My children are still very young. It took me and my wife two months to think over it. And we arrived at the consensus to stay here, for the education of our kids. Besides, we were very well received at FC Seville and my colleagues and well wishers wanted us to stay.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete