Monday 18 January 2016

Dear Editor,

Re: Churchill Monono’s reply to misguided zealots
I write to congratulate Mr. Douglas A. Achingale on his wonderful review of His Excellency Churchill Ewumbue-Monono’s newly published book on Buea. I am still to read the book, but the foretaste I have of it from the review tells me its quality is superb. The review has only increased my appetite to devour what is supposedly the rich and palatable content the book.
    By the way, I know of what stuff His Excellency is made. I know how fine his pen is. I’ve read two of his books and some of his write-ups and was particularly thrilled by them. If this new book is written in the same style, then I really can’t wait to peruse it.
    One of the things that strike me in Achingale’s review is where he says everything one wants to know about Buea up till the end of 2014, is found in the work. Does this mean the book is the “bible” of Buea and its inhabitants?
    I wish His Excellency to tell the public if and when the book will be launched or where one can get a copy. I can’t really wait to read it.
    Best regards Mr. Editor and keep doing the good work of informing Cameroonians of important happenings in the country and around the world.

Itoe Wesley
Bonduma, Buea


Dear Editor,
Re: Churchill Monono’s reply to misguided zealots

Thank you for publishing Douglas A. Achingale’s review of Churchill Ewumbue-Monono’s book titled, “Buea: Capital of the Cameroons” in your edition of Monday, 11 January, 2016. Permit me to also thank Achingale for his well-written review. There is no denying the fact that he is doing a great job for your paper.
    However, I seem to pick some holes in the book (even though I have not yet read it) when the author throws flowers on Biya for taking the reunification celebration to Buea. It is like he is happily thanking the Head of State for orchestrating the refurbishment of the South West regional capital 1n 2014.
    Why did Biya say all what he said about Buea in 1983 and then abandoned the town for such a long time? Did Buea deserve to have just one main street for all those years that it had it?  Was the refurbishment done in the town prior to the reunification celebration not belated? And what kind of refurbishment are we talking about here? Come to Buea today, and you will see that some of the rehabilitation work is already dilapidating!
    My honest view is that Buea deserves more than it has received from the Biya regime. Since Mr. Monono is serving as Adviser to Biya, he should make this clear to him.

Thanks.
Yours truly,
Oscar Embola, Buea


Dear Editor,
Re: Churchill Monono’s reply to misguided zealots

Wow, from what I read in this review, the book seems interesting and captivating. We needed such a book about Buea and we cannot wait to read it.
    Are copies available in bookshops in Buea already?

Sah Emmanuel, Buea

No comments:

Post a Comment