Wednesday 22 February 2017

I do not intend to leave Cameroon

-Hugo Broos
Hugo Broos
Cameroon head coach, Hugo Broos has denied allegations circulating in the social media that he will leave Cameroon for the BafanaBafana of South African.
                Broos is one of the 60 candidates who applied for the top job the South African Football Association, SAFA unveiled.
                In an exclusive interview with Radio France Internationale, RFI, Hugo Broos said, a manager contacted him that the South coaching place was free and after asking him if he could introduce him, he said he could go ahead.
                “There was only one contact with a manager. He said the South African team’s coaching place was free. He indirectly asked me if I was interested. He asked if he could introduce me. I said, well, go ahead, there’s no problem, but there’s only that. I do not intend to leave Cameroon,” Hugo Broos stated.
                According to the Belgian coach, even if the South African offer is interesting, he will still remain Cameroon’s coach.
                “Even if the South African offer is interesting, i will still remain Cameroon’s coach. But there is not even an offer. There was no offer, but there is interest. This is quite normal since we won the CAN 2017. So it’s quite normal, it seems to me, that other countries or clubs think of me,” Broos noted.
                He added that, “that does not mean there are contacts or offers. There is nothing at all for the moment; not even from South Africa! The only thing that happened was that a manager introduced me to the South African Federation. And he is not even my manager”.

                Going by the message that was tweeted by the South African Federation, Hugo Broos said, “And it’s not normal that the South African Federation think of me for a position that is free? Again, I have no contact with the South African Federation. These are things that happen. There are managers presenting you. Then, maybe the South African Federation will think that the post is made for Hugo Broos and make contact. But for now, there has been no contact between them and me. That they say, that I am one of the candidates, it is their words. I do not say that. Will they contact me or not? I do not know.
                According to Hugo Broos, his main focus is the Confederations Cup in June. “There will be a lot of big teams during that competition and I want to do a nice tournament with Cameroon. And then there is especially the qualification for the World Cup to unhook. It is not because I won the CAN 2017 that, at one stroke, I will start to go left and right to leave Cameroon. I am free to listen to proposals. There are rumors. But between rumors and becoming a coach of South Africa, there is a very big difference,” Hugo Broos stated.
                Meanwhile, the media officer of the national team, Vincent de Paul Atangana in a communique said Broos was still under contract with Cameroon and had no links with South Africa.


No comments:

Post a Comment