Wednesday 1 October 2014

Clinton N'Jie extends Lyon contract and scores his first goal

Cameroon international Clinton N'Jie signed a contract extension with French Ligue 1 side Lyon and then scored his first goal for the club.
The 21-year-old was on target for the seven-time champions in their 4-0 win against visiting Lorient.
    Earlier in the day N'Jie had agreed a deal to remain at Lyon until 2019.

    "I'm happy. Now we have to continue working. I want to score, to play and I hope we can qualify for Europe next season," he told Lyon's website: 
    "I'm proud of myself. I want to also thank everyone who helped me get this far. This extension shows that the team has confidence in me."
    N'Jie has made a superb start to his international career with the Indomitable Lions.
    He scored on his debut on 6 September in a 2-0 win away to Democratic Republic of Congo and four days later he grabbed a brace to help Cameroon beat Ivory Coast 4-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment