Monday 23 November 2015

Africa Music Awards:

Charlotte Dipanda dedicates Afrima awards to her fans
Charlotte Dipanda
“I dedicate my victory to my many fans in Cameroon. This is because it is with them and thanks to them that I have written this page of my career. I dedicate it especially to God All Mighty, because I believe in him and it is he who gives me the force and the inspiration to be able to realize my dreams”.
    It was in these words that Cameroon music diva Charlotte Dipanda, 30, opened the video-conference that she organized in Yaounde on Wednesday last week, upon returning from Lagos, Nigeria, where she won three trophies in the All Africa Music Awards (Afrima 2015).
    “When I was called up to the podium to receive my first prize, I immediately told myself that I have a whole people behind me and whom I am representing here,” Charlotte said, noting: “I am proud to be among the artistes that are carrying high the Cameroonian flame; and I am particularly happy because my name will be inscribed among the artistes that marked an epoch in Cameroon.
    Charlotte Dipanda told pressmen that when she put the album “massa” on the market in February this year, little did she know it would be an award-winning album.

    “When I was called up to receive my 2nd prize I remained speechless – I knew I had won the most for the night and so I went back to my hotel room and slept, believing that I had won all that I could,” Charlotte recounted. “But a friend rang me in the morning and announced that I left the hall ahead of time; that there was a third prize for me,” she added, using the opportunity to advice young artistes to be conscientious and responsible especially in what they give to he public.
    “True, we should make our public to sing, dance and play. But we also should conscientize them on the pertinent issues of the day – scolarisation, disease, poverty, hunger”, said the author of “Elle na pas vu”, who turned 30 only this year.
    About her rapport with Stanley Enoh, Charlotte recalled: “it was good when we first met in Nigeria. I realized the current was flowing between me and Stanley. But I must say it is too early to declare we have any projects together.”
    Also worthy of note is the fact that Charlotte Dipanda was nominated in four categories in the Afrima 2015. She however won in three of these categories namely– Best Female Artiste in Central Africa in 2015; Best Album in Africa for 2015 and Best Contemporary artiste in Africa for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment