Sunday 4 March 2018

Reactions of Happy Laureates


I pledge my total loyalty and commitment
- Elung Paul Che (Minister, ASG of the Presidency)
Elung Paul Che
My immediate reaction is a sentiment of gratitude and glory to the Almighty who made this appointment possible. Secondly I want to very heartily thank the President of the Republic for this confidence that he has bestowed on my modest person. I must note that this is the second appointment I am having from the head of state within three years. On the 2nd of October 2015 he called me to the government as Minister Delegate at the Ministry of Finance. Today the 2nd of March he has again appointed me to the position of Minister assistant SG of the Presidency. I can only be so grateful to him and I should say that my response to this show of confidence and trust by the President is to promise him my total loyalty and commitment and the readiness to give my best possible to serve the president and serve the nation…I must note that the task is enormous especially considering that as ASG of the Presidency I will have to be looking at just everything concerning the country. This is unlike at the Finance Ministry where my job was limited to examining files having to do with taxation, treasury, customs and in fact just financial matters.


Commonwealth issues are my domain
- Mbayu Felix (Min. Del. at the Minrex in charge of the Commonwealth)
Mbayu Felix
Glory be to God Almighty and by his grace I wish to sincerely thank the head of state for seeing me as one of those he can count on to help him in his daunting task of steering the wheel of state especially in these tough times. One thing I can promise him is that my loyalty will be unflinching, my devotion to duty strong and I hope and pray that I should be able to live up to the tasks assigned to me by my boss, the minister of external relations, to serve the head of state and to help build a strong and united Cameroon. As director of commonwealth I executed what some other person conceived. But today as Minister of Commonwealth others will execute what I conceive. I think that is an added responsibility. But I must say commonwealth issues are issues I am very familiar with especially after haven served as director of commonwealth and later as SG of the MINREX. 

I shall be strict, very strict
- Pauline Nalova Lyonga Egbe (MINESEC)
Pauline Nalova Lyonga
The appointment came as a surprise especially because I usually do not go for big things. It is a big challenge. If you have managed people in the higher education level then you should just imagine that everything is challenging. The challenge is the more because we have a head of state that is forward looking, and so when he calls you to help him manage the affairs of the nation then you must know that it is going to be challenging. And for somebody like myself who has always worked with people, I don’t consider anything as déjà vu. I will expect my collaborators to be honest, to work for the benefit of the children and to shun corruption. I expect of them to draw a line between being strict and being wicked. President Biya has given us his vision; he has told us what he wants; so it is up to us to do our best to serve him and serve the people.



No comments:

Post a Comment